Friday, March 03, 2006

Abnormal week 6

What I found most interesting this week was a lot of our dicussions about smoking. We talked about ways to quit and how to quit. I found it very interesting that there was all these different methods, diagnosis, and treatments available some of which work better than others. I guess like anything we have created a bunch of solutions to a really simple problem. I certainly view the addictive powers of anything as serious, but I think the real issue lies in the desire's of the individual. For anyone to be succesful at anything I think it takes full allignment and 100% desire, if they do not have that then I think there stopping will not be effective. In retrospect though its also interesting to know that lottery type style treatment have been the most succesful for smokers quitting. This is where they are rewarded money for stopping. This style of quitting may prevoke people to quit, but I would be interested to know the lasting success rate, how many people quit for good. SO with that I take my desire and go about my day
-nate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home