Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Personality Week 11

Maslow real cool dude, I think. I really chose to start relating very personally to the reading when I started reading about characters such as Maslow. I like the whole self-actualized person thing that Maslow seems to be harping on, something that I find of particular interest is the thing about peak experiences in one's life. I feel personally peak experiences are the things that drive my life and I choose for them to help me understand what I most want in my life. Peak Experiences offer me opportunitties to see my world in a clearer light. I most often expereince my Peak-Experiences by adventurous sports such as White Water Kayaking. Their is some risk involved in this sport but it is all calculated and taken into account. Accompanied with this risk evaluation comes a strong feeling of sucess and completion while engaging in the activity. I think why I choose to have these experiences be so important in my life is because I feel that I can see myself as something while I am participating in them, I can see my whole interns stretched out before me and the linking of my internal and external, it truly is an amazing indescribable feeling and I quite enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home