Monday, February 06, 2006

Abnormal-week 3 Child behavior and development

This week was very captivating for me becauese I am often thinking in my mind about how I chose to be affected by the things I encountered as a young child and also how I will communicate with my child. There are so many questions and really deep level thing where as parents they have no idea how drastically kids can be affected. For me this is something that I still sort of choose to feel, akind of quick flash of a feeling then analysis of it and moving on. For a child I think that a feeling can become a part of them and really shape their personality. I would say that was definetley a bit true for me in regards to my parents divorce. My parents divorce slightly shaped my ideas about love and attention, how to get it, and where to get it from. What I am saying is that I think these small little acting out type of behaviors that kids demonstrate so often are in fact very substantial expressions of internal self beliefs or repressed emotions. When larry was talking about the ways in which we handle such things I really began to understand what he was talking about. I really enjoy the learning process and watching children and all people develop, so I choose to be very understanding and patient and really like to give my full attention and honor the experience the other is having, because it is real no matter how rational or irrational. My favorite thing is this reinforcing sort of behaviors and the idea of the list, because I think if followed they can be extremely affective and beneficial to the child.
That is mostly what I feel in regards to this subject all though I have continous feelings about this and I will probably always think about these type of questions because I see myself in this line of work.
-nate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home