Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Personality Week 12

I found Tolman to be very funny in this section. His experiments with rats seemed to be extremely innovative and original. I created a mental picture in my mind of little rats riding around on a train and looking at the maze and remembering it. It really does make a lot of sense though, because if were using rats to better understand humans and when you think about how humans work it's not really that different. We ride around with our parents in their cars and come to remember where we live and how to get there. Much of our learning is this latent learning or observational. Also another thing that I found very interesting that ties into this whole thing is Rotter's theory of external and internal locus of control. I found that I relate to this highly because I really like to take responsibility for my actions and also for the way I choose to feel. I think for people to place the power of the world into their hands and take responsibility for what is around them is extremely amazing and is often how major changes in our world take place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home