Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Realizando el diferencias entre me estilo de vida

Yesterday I just had a realization that this is the first time I have truly lived with parental type figures since I was 16. That is had people that kept a very close eye over me and care about what I am doing at all times, it is kind of strange. I am very used to doing what I want when I want and I just realized that I have been basically doing that anyways wether my family likes it or not. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am realizing that I would like to in some portion take in their concerns and desires towards my happenings and activities. Knowing that I only have a couple weeks left living with my family I really want them to be ones of good solid communication where we are growing closer rather than apart. I do feel closer with my family now that any time before, that feels good. I really like it down here it is such a relxed culture, and I am so much more calm now than I was before. In the last couple months I have been very uptight and defensive towards the people around me, and resulting to anger quickly, but now I have found my place of peace here. Last night it felt real good because I was able to have a small dispute with a taxi driver and remain calm, I told him everything I knew, he reciprocated and that was that, although eventually I knew I was not gonna pay him anymore so I just got out and closed the door. It was just nice to be calm and able to construct pretty solid thoughts in Spanish, because usually when I get made here I start going off in English which does no help for me and certainly no help for the other person because neither of us can understand eachother. Been having lots of dreams about the states and my friends there I am onviously thinking about it a lot. We are getting right into the rainy season now and it basically rains every day at least for an hour, it is also getting very hot. Well alright then.
Hablamos pronto.
-nate

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Gardendancer said...

Nate, your life in Peru sounds so very different from life in the States. I like the relaxed, calm that you describe. Your relationship with your family in Peru sounds like a very meaningful one.

Guess what? Forest saved up his money he has made in Utah and flew back today for a visit to Keene. He misses his friends there, and he misses the lovely little New England town too.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Do they celebrate Thanksgiving in Peru?

Ms. G.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Q said...

Hi Nate:

WOW what an adventure you are on. Mikey B will be most jealous of your khaking experiences. Am fascinated with your writings of the adventures you have been on. Enjoy each and every moment! You are a very fortunate young man. Will look forward to a visit when you return to the States. Will continue to read ... Until then….keep a smile in on your face and a song in your heart.

Love ya,

Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home