Monday, November 06, 2006

Descansa, pero mas cosas hacere'

Well Lately has been pretty relaxing. I am basically recovered from my career as a modern artist in the form of fecal matters, which is nice. All of my friends from the states except for one have returned home and the one left is just traveling around and seeing the country. I ended up buying a kayak from one of my American friends so I have a kayak to take with me to Chile, which I hope to sell in Chile when I am done kayaking and make my money back. I have been talking alot with my other friends from the states that are going to come down here in December, we have got a pretty good plan of assault for kayaking the rivers of Peru, Chile, and Argentina.
School is in its final stretches and I will be wrting papers for 3 out of 4 of my classes, all of which will be in Spanish and around 5-10 pages, wow. I am really starting to realize how much I like it here and how much I am going to miss my current lifestyle and the people here. I have been going to a lot of birthday parties lately both of people in my school and the Peruvian sisters of other students in the program. It is cool to see the difference in traditions between such ritualistic activities as gift giving and celebrations. I really enjoy different traditions and will incorporate new traditions into my lifestyle.
Last weekend I went on an incredible hike and I got to see some cool looking creeks. The hike started in the last original incan town, that has a big name I cannot pronounce, and headed up a beautiful valley. No one really visits these ruins so it was a really unique quiet and original experience. It was one of my favorite activities thus far and I really enjoyed being up there on this mountain looking eye level at the clouds. There was a little family and a bunch of little kids up there and they kept laughing at me. We had surplus food so I made each of the six kids sandwichs and I kept joking around with them. After I gave them sandwichs I went up into the ruins to check them out, then all the little peruvian kids came up into the ruins and I spent ten minutes chasing them around and laughing and having fun. I love having these experiences with the locals, priceless stuff. Well I guess that's it for now, I am going to hike the Inca Trail this week and am really looking forward to that, it will be a four day hike. Everyone have fun and love life, I love it here but I also miss those familiar places, faces, and friends. Everyone take care
Love, nate

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Gardendancer said...

Nate, what a priveledge to get to visit those ruins that few people visit! I can see you running around with the Peruvian kids! Hiking the Inca Trail sounds like more beautiful scenery and exciting adventures.

Take care,

Ms. G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home